Built in 1899 for about $5,600, this graceful structure spans Curtis Creek just south of the Eighth Street entrances to Indian Mounds Park and South Park. The F.M. Menke Stone and Lime Company was chosen as the builder and Quincy’s Ernest Wood was the architect. The arch, framed by four semi-circular buttresses, is sixty feet wide at the base and over thirty-tree feet high. Owned by the City of Quincy, the bridge was restored in 1994. This bridge was the first historic “structure””, as opposed to a building, designated as a Local Landmark.



Quincy Stone Arch Bridge- QSAB02